What is P3 & What to Expect in Groups?
When will P3 groups be held?
- Group visits will begin when you are about 12-18 weeks gestation after you have your first prenatal appointment with the nurse midwife.
- Group sessions continue every two weeks on the same day and time.
- Group sessions continue throughout your pregnancy and for a couple of months after your baby is born.
- Group sessions are held in the same place you receive your normal prenatal care.
What Happens in P3 Groups?
- Group visits continue every two weeks throughout your pregnancy until your child is 2 months old.
- During pregnancy you will be in a small group with other pregnant people who have similar due dates to yours.
- Your visit includes a checkup with your midwife to hear your baby’s heartbeat and measure your baby’s growth. You will check your own weight and blood pressure.
- Visits also include group time with other group members and the P3 team to discuss issues that matter most to you.