The mission of the Office of Research and Scholarship (ORS) is to champion College of Nursing faculty and students in converting empirical research to nursing knowledge. This mission is carried out through consultation on/about faculty research, facilitation
of intramural grants for pilot studies, identification of resources to support projects, development of grant applications, management of sponsored projects, analysis of data, assistance with dissemination of results, and publication of research activities.
The ORS also works closely with academic units to help fund and recruit diverse junior scholars to the College and facilitate the training and preparation of scholars for research careers.
Current Research Projects
- DHEA augmentation of musculoskeletal adaptations to exercise in older women (Jankowski)
- A Delphi Study to Determine Military Women's Health Research Priorities (Trego)
- Community Engagement to Improve the Transition of Tube Feeding to Oral Feeding for Children and their Families (Aldrich)
- CI: Collaborative Research: HomeSHARE - Home-based Smart Health Applications across Research Environments (Reeder)
- Personalized experiences to inform improved communication for minorities w Life Limiting Illness (LLI) (Coats)
- StartSmart: Health Information Technology to Improve Adherence to Prenatal Guidelines (Gance-Cleveland)
- Collaborative Advanced Psychiatric-Education eXchange (CO-APEX)
- Initiative for Promoting Healthy Lifestyles across the Lifespan