My research interest is around disrupting dominant narratives to create spaces for unheard voices. I am interested in using narratives to help advance health equity for people living with chronic illness.
I conduct research at the University of Colorado and the Veterans Administration.
Education, Licensure & Certifications
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, BSW, 05/2003,Social Work
- University of Denver, Denver, CO, MSW, 05/2007, Social Work
- University of Colorado, College of Nursing, Aurora, CO, PhD, 05/2020, Philosophy, Caring Science
- 2021 - 2021 2021 Innovative Research on Aging Award, Maher Institute
- 2019 - 2019 2019 Watson Student Award, International Association of Human Caring
- 2003 - 2003 BSW Advisory Board Scholar, University of Kansas, Social Work Department
- University of Colorado, College of Nursing
- Denver Seattle Center of Innovation, VA Eastern Colorado Healthcare System